Previous Marketplace Events
Marketplace International has been running since 2004 and has proven hugely successful in connecting international buyers with the Irish food and drink industry. It gives visiting buyers the opportunity to experience an entire industry in a day and gives Ireland the chance to showcase our world-class offering to a prestigious global audience.
Our most recent Marketplace event took place in March 2015:
- The event welcomed 507 buyers from 43 countries to Dublin.
- 184 Irish food and drink exporters exhibited including seafood producers, dairy companies, bakeries, alcohol manufacturers, confectionery companies and meat producers.
- 4,190 individual meetings took place under one roof, in one day.
- We estimate that €30m+ worth of new business will be written as a result of Marketplace International meetings.
Marketplace International makes efficient and effective use of buyer and supplier time by facilitating focused and informative introductory meetings that offer the first step to new supplier/buyer relationships. Over the years, new business written as a result of the event has been on an upward trajectory:
- Between 2004 and 2012, new buisness worth over €62m has been delivered through Marketplace International.